It’s been found all over Pinterest, the ambitious, but totally not hard challenge of “40 Bags in 40 Days.” Here’s the goal:
From January 1-February 10, I challenge you to fill 40 bags with things in your home that you do not USE, NEED, or LOVE anymore. That’s it! Easy, right? You’ll be amazed at how easy it really is. Did you know that we actually only use about 20% of the stuff in our home 80% of the time? Think of all the space that is being taken up by stuff you don’t even use! Let’s start this year off right and take on the challenge to a simpler, easier, and more efficient lifestyle.
1) If you are game for this challenge, comment below or send me an email with “YES, I’m ready to Simplify!”
2) Between now and January 1, fill in this 40 Bags in 40 Days Inventory List so you have a plan of what rooms you will go through each day.
3) Buy plenty of garbage bags!
4) Make sure you know where you’ll be taking the bags. Choose you’re favorite charity, thrift store, or other donation site. IF, you don’t have any more time in the day to take these bags away yourself, contact me and I can offer to take them for you at a nominal cost.
5) Begin looking at your things objectively, especially as you will soon be bringing in new things from Christmas. Things come in, things go out!
6) That’s it! Let the New Simplified Year Begin!